Pages

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Bookmarks

I am constantly looking for new items, and particularly those which can be sold at low cost.  These fit the bill.  I have been using a wealth of free patterns, and some commercially bought, to make bookmarks.  Initially I experimented with "in the hoop" bookmarks, but. to be honest, found this method very time consuming and somewhat frustrating.  I have developed my own adapted method.  I cut denim to the approximate size of the bookmarks and then, using spray glue, stick these to the outline embroidered on plain white cotton (with tear-away interfacing).  I then embroider the main pattern, usually repeating the pattern twice.  I cut out the bookmarks and add a backing using spray glue, and then trim to size before satin-stitching the edges on my normal sewing machine.
These were the first set - and sold extremely well at the first sales where I offered them.  They seem to be a popular stocking filler.

I'm sharing this post at the following link parties:




circle_header

Create and ShareMade by MeWe Made it Wednesday

Show off your stuffWhip it Up WednesdayA Creative Princess
;
Pretty ShabbyWhatever goes Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. Great little bookmarks. I'm popping over from Sew Darn Crafty.

    ReplyDelete