Pages

Friday 10 August 2012

Wash bags

Extending my use of scraps (see last Wednesday's post) I hunted through my stash and found some oddments of wipe clean table cloth to team them with.  I used the same method as for the small cosmetics cases, but this time made pouches which were 4 blocks by 3 blocks, making them 12 1/2" by 9 1/2".  The wipe clean lining is almost waterproof (the holes made by the sewing make it a little porous if you tried to hold water in it!) and also give a good firm shape.







As you see, I had three different wipe clean fabrics in my stash.  These worked well - I hope they will be popular Christmas presents later in the year.
I'm sharing this post at these link parties:




sew many ways


Happy Hour FridaysFind a Friend FridayAnything Goes
five days five ways  feature friday free for all

5Days5Ways
30 Handmade DaysFlaunt it Friday

3 comments:

  1. All 3 of my guys are in construction so they get pretty sweaty and dirty at work. The oldest lad (23) takes transit for part of his route to&from the job site, and changes his stinky shirt before he goes into the subway. I wish it was so he wouldn't offend ANYbody, but it's more likely that he doesn't want to offend any pretty girls, LOL! He shoves the tshirt into a plastic bag and tucks it in his backpack - I should make him a wash bag like this - I have denim I can use for the outside, and I have some PUL I can use for the lining. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are VERY cute! You had a busy week....!
    Can I ask a {stupid} question? I am kind of embarrased to ask, but....
    What are these wash bags used for? To store dirty laundry? Inside a diaper bag?
    I'm sorry, I am just curious!

    ReplyDelete