Pages

Monday 18 June 2012

Sunglasses cases version 1

I had a day of making sunglasses cases yesterday.  I've finished three styles so far, and two of the styles have led me to think of more variations I can make. Now all we need is the sunshine to create a need for sunglasses and I might have a good seller on my hands!
This version is another way of using front pockets.  The pockets will be useful for storing a cloth to clean your sunglasses.  These ones have no fastenings -so good for the car where protection is needed, but maybe not so good for a handbag where they can slip out.

Very simple to make if you fancy having a go yourself.  Mine are 8.5" x 4.5" unsewn - two rectangles of outer fabric and two of lining.  Stitch the top edges of lining and main fabrics together, then stitch round three sides leaving the short lining edge open.  Clip corners and turn, then stitch the open end closed.

I'll be sharing this post at the following link parties:







The Girl Creative
Sew Can Do A Round TuitThe Girl Creative





Sew Happy Geek





Sew Chatty

Mondays @ All Things Fee!
Manic MondaySew ChattyCalling all Crafters






Ninth Street Notions

Inspire me Monday
Craftomaniac MondayI MAde it Monday

3 comments:

  1. So simple, but such a good idea! You have so many creative ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I would love for you to come and share on the Creative Corner Hop. Our linky will be open all week.

    Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some sunglasses cases myself - great idea to have the extra pocket there for a cloth to wipe them!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete